Friday, June 18, 2010

Kayaking the Jordan, walking in old waterways, etc.

My Vibram FiveFingers got a lot of great use during a two week trip to Israel! I wore them for kayaking in the Jordan River, and unsurprisingly, they were perfect (which makes sense, since they were made for that). They were comfortable, dried quickly, and I liked having them on afterwards -- rather than being soggy in regular shoes OR worried about losing flipflops along the way (as some did).

I also wore them to walk through an old water tunnel in Jerusalem. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezekiah's_Tunnel) This tunnel had water up to the knee for most of the way and up to mid-thigh for some of the way, so these shoes were an obvious choice! The sole gripped well onto the stones on the bottom, so I felt safe in the water, after the water, and walking up a stone hill afterwards. They also dried quickly and were comfortable.

We did a lot of hiking, but I decided not to wear them for that. It was extremely rocky, and I didn't want to fund myself in the middle of a long hike in pain. Overall though, great experiences AGAIN with the Vibram FiveFingers! Such a great purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment