Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome!



This will be a short first entry, but I wanted to get this started since today is DAY ONE of my new Vibram FiveFingers Sprint shoes. :)

I have been excited about these shoes for about two years now, so this moment has been long in coming. I hope I like them as much as I expected to. The purpose of this blog is to help other people through the process of choosing the shoes as well as to give an idea of what to expect along the way. I did hours of research before buying these just to see the health benefits, the sizing, the praise and the complaints, and the many uses. Other people's comments and blogs helped me along the way, so here are my thoughts to help the next people to venture into the land of the Vibram FiveFingers!

As for my Day one reflections -- I have only been wearing them for about 2 hours. I LOVE how they feel so far, but I have only been around the house at this point. I am predicting that I will get a blister and then a callus on my achilles, since I can already feel it rubbing there. However, I feel that is probably a given with any shoes that fit like these do. Other than that, they feel fantastic.

I am planning to wear them tomorrow, which will consist of biking to campus, walking around classes, and biking home at least. I am also planning an evening outing to see a show, so I will plan to wear them there, which will involve a mile walk. I will report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment